1 in 30 are healthy carriers of cystic fibrosis and can pass it on
to their baby. GENES2LIFE can diagnose it before a pregnancy.
Genes2Life is a genetic test for people who wants to become pregnant. The Genes2Life panel consists of 93 genes associated with recessive diseases. The panel is specifically designed to only include diseases that are treatable and is therefore useful for parents that seek to become pregnant without a donor.
RECESSIVE GENETIC DISEASETwo copies of the same mutated gene, one in the mother and one in the father, cause the disease.
The Genes2Life panel is regularly updated according to the newest recommendations and knowledge obtained in the field of genetic diseases. The Genes2Life panel is based on the recommendations from ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists).
- Carrier probability: 1 in 100 couples at risk
- Characteristics and symptoms related to a known disease
- Have a detrimental effect on the quality of life
- Can damage physical and mental ability
- Require surgical or medical intervention
- Early-onset disease
- Can be diagnosed prenatally
WE RECOMMEND THIS TEST:
- For couples trying to get pregnant.
- Before starting an assisted fertilization treatment.
- Before starting treatment with donor eggs or sperm. Both patient and donor can be healthy carriers of diseases with a genetic mutation in the same gene.